The purpose of the UNGCNS Internship Programme is to:
- To provide a framework by which graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNGC local network offices where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments.
- To expose them to the work of the United Nations.
- Gain experience in the work of the Organization with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of the United Nations’ goals, principles and activities.
- To provide UN offices with the assistance of highly qualified students specialized in various professional fields.
Interns will be required to:
- Understand and integrate the UNGC Principles into all tasks
- Research and draft memorandums and curriculums
- Write reports and create presentations on companies, conferences and events
- Create and facilitate development projects for schools and communities
- Plan events alongside the UNGCNS Board
- Operate and maintain UNGCNS Social Media
Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate university programme, working towards a degree in international relations, political science, economics, business, sustainability or a related discipline. Candidates must have access to their own computer and internet access. They will work primarily from their residence, but must attend all weekly scheduled meetings in Colombo or other important meetings and discussions. Sri Lankan Residency is required.
Please compete all sections in this application. You may wish to use online PDF editors to answer the following questions electronically or choose to print out and then scan this document when it is completed. Please ensure this document and required attachments are emailed to email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.